I Wanna Talk About Me

My photo
Savannah, Georgia, United States
As you can see, I am still just me. 27 years old, born and raised in Savannah, Georgia. Almost 9 years into a relationship with the man I gave my heart to. We are the proud parents of 3 dogs and 2 cats. You will see them all here, a lot. I lost my mother November 18, 2008. I am now struggling to live life without her, but I have an amazing boyfriend and fantastic friends to help me through. Oh, and Duct Tape is the best invention. EVER.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

It is about damn time

Mother's Day this year was tough. But I made it through! I've finally gotten to the point where I am ok to talk about it, but more importantly, I want to show ya'll what I made (Mama Dawg, be proud!) (please?).

This was the first Mother's Day without my mom. Granted, I have been through Thanksgiving, Christmas, her birthday, my birthday, my anniversary and my parent's anniversary, but it was Mother's Day...so, yeah, tough.

Every year I would make her something, write her something or at the very least break down and get her a sappy ass card (which she loved). I figured it wouldn't do much good to actually have bought something for her...I can just see her with her ethereal cane in one hand and a Bud Light in the other saying "I'm up HERE, Dumbass!"

Anywho...

I made this.




Back in February, I wrote this and in it was the Eulogy I wrote for my mom. At the end, I refer to her as a big bright star. When I saw this pendant (a shooting star), I immediately thought of her. She is my star. And, to this day, every night I walk outside and I see a star shining, twinkling down on me, I think of mom.

She'd be proud. I am.

Plus I look quite cute wearing the set and it coordinates with most of my outfits perfectly. Hehe...



And it compliments my make believe cleavage nicely...


Maybe tomorrow I will have my shit together long enough to take a few pics of the other jewelry I have made. Thanks to Mama Dawg for the inspiration!! I love the idea of creating something that I can enjoy, as well as other people.

Now, if I could only figure out how to sell them...









7 comments:

  1. I would buy that! Start an etsy shop for stuff you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Kat's suggestion. You need an Etsy shop. Oh wait... I think Kim and I told you this like a month ago! Get to it already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I ain't buying SHIT...SHIT I tell ya...I will however pay in sexual favors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! It sort of matches the burn too!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kat - I would totally love to, I just don't have enough stuff to sell yet. But thanks!

    Mitzy - I am geting there lady, like I do everythign else, slowly, but surely. ;)

    Jess - Offer accepted.

    curmudgeon - Wow, it kinda does. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. etsy, etsy, etsy.

    and you're welcome.

    If you get an etsy up and running, holla at me. I'll throw your shit up on my blog to get you some *fingers crossed* traffic!

    and unlike Jess, I won't ask for any sexual favors in return.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and I totally LOVE the pieces you made. You're good!

    ReplyDelete