I Wanna Talk About Me

My photo
Savannah, Georgia, United States
As you can see, I am still just me. 27 years old, born and raised in Savannah, Georgia. Almost 9 years into a relationship with the man I gave my heart to. We are the proud parents of 3 dogs and 2 cats. You will see them all here, a lot. I lost my mother November 18, 2008. I am now struggling to live life without her, but I have an amazing boyfriend and fantastic friends to help me through. Oh, and Duct Tape is the best invention. EVER.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

New Implants and Old Hair

I am going later this afternoon to get the Implanon birth control implant. I have done a shit ton of research and found it to be the best route for Wog and I. We want to have children, lots of them, just not right now. This little toothpick looking thing will provide a steady stream of hormones for 3 years. And, the best part, if we get froggy and decide we want kids in the meantime, just take the sucker out and start makin’ babies. It gets implanted, through a syringe, into the crevice under your bicep, and it stays there.

I am really excited to get this done. A very simple procedure, it takes place in the doctor’s office. I just get numbed up and BAM! The little bugger is there. If you care to know what exactly it is I am talking about, you can go here.



Also, I have decided to chop my hair off. YAY! I have had very long hair all of my life. this is where it is as of now...








And I am going to get it cut shorter than this...



But a tad longer than this...



My hair is more curly than theirs, but my stylist is the bomb (so I have heard). I am nervous, but OH SO excited!!!

Update: I just got back from the lady bits doctor with my new implant! I feel good, except for the ridiculous bandage they put on my arm. I have even inspired Master Jess to go and get her very own arm toothpick.

New hair pictures to come tomorrow!!




2 comments:

  1. Awesome on the toothpick! LOL! And I can't wait to see the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG girl you are BRAVE!!! I'm sure it'll look awesome though! :)

    ReplyDelete