I Wanna Talk About Me

My photo
Savannah, Georgia, United States
As you can see, I am still just me. 27 years old, born and raised in Savannah, Georgia. Almost 9 years into a relationship with the man I gave my heart to. We are the proud parents of 3 dogs and 2 cats. You will see them all here, a lot. I lost my mother November 18, 2008. I am now struggling to live life without her, but I have an amazing boyfriend and fantastic friends to help me through. Oh, and Duct Tape is the best invention. EVER.

Monday, January 26, 2009

I sure do use a lot of commas

I saw the best and most common example of simple kindness this morning. I actually saw a young man help a little old lady across the road. The guy in the car next to mine even put on his flashers and stopped in the middle of the intersection so they could cross the street. As I sit in my car, smoking a cigarette, all I could do was smile. It kind of reminded me of the Liberty Mutual commercial. This one. Made me feel all warm and mushy inside.

I get to work all bright eyed and bushy tailed, ready to drink my Slim-Fast and be all nice and shit. Then I remember the fucking gunshots a block from the house yesterday. We don’t live in any extravagant house or neighborhood. Wog (my manfriend, also know as Paul, The Bearded One, but shall now be know as Wog, Because I am too lazy to type Pollywog every time I talk about him….where the hell was I ….OH!) and I live in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom house with all 7 animals. Our house is not in the greatest part of town but far from the worst. We have never had any problems with anyone. Not even the old couple or the mean lesbians have ever started poppin’ caps in each other’s asses before. Turns out the little fuckers were 16, 17 and 18 years old. Sadly, they did not actually shoot each other, but they did do some damage to a couple houses. And a tree. That poor tree. They got off about 20 rounds and then took off. Little bastards. How dare they interrupt my Sunday TV watching.

I did, however, contact my local news station (anonymously, of course) to ask if anything was going to be done about them doing this, that it wasn’t fair that they only got a slap on the wrist, a misdemeanor, and a 40oz, and if the police were just going to wait until someone was injured or killed from a stray bullet. OK, so maybe I lied about the 40. See, this is not the first time we have heard gunshots, but it was the first time they were so close to my little house. Yesterday was the first time in the 3 years we have lived there that I was scared. Luckily, Wog has a gun, a big one. And we have big dogs who look TERRIFYING and will lick anyone to death on command.

In other news...

I am considering chopping off all of my hair. I have had really long, curly hair all of my life. I think I want to chop all of it off above my shoulders. Right now it is more than halfway down my back. I am torn. I love my long hair, but I also think I sincerely need a change. Maybe I should have a pink Mohawk. Work would LOVE that.

I have a papercut on my middle finger. The coolest part about it is when I say, hey, look, I have a boo boo...well, shit, you know where I was going with that one.

Oh, and, Jess isn’t here today. And I am bored. I have no one to grope-- I mean talk to. But I did get to sniff a permanent marker briefly. That was fun.

4 comments:

  1. I was wondering where Jess was. She's been quiet today.

    I'm a huge believer in short hair, but that's just me.

    That's one reason I moved out of New Orleans. All the violence. It was starting to get too close to home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya Mama. It is very scary. You hear about it, but then it gets so close.

    I think I am going to cut it short. I think I can, I think I can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HERE I AM!! I am here!!! CUT IT OFF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't cut your hair! I would kill for it to be back at that length!

    Let's see a pic, shall we?? :D

    Sorry it took this damn long to subscribe to your blog... but rest assured... here I am! LOL

    ReplyDelete